Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hello and welcome to Thursday. I've been trying to blog all week, but my dinosaur computer won't cooperate. It's just more in my continuing saga with these piles of plastic. I appear to have gotten a virus. Yea, that's great isn't it? Some jackass can send me a file that will crash my P.O.S.! Just a warning, if you see anything about Malware Alarm, don't be fooled. It's disguised as a fix-it software, but it's actually the virus. Clever little buggers these hackers are.

Honesty, or lack of, is at the root of life. I'm guilty. I lived my life for almost half of a century being honest with others. I might have been less honest with myself, but never with others. After a short stay on the lying side of town, I realize that it's no place for me. The truth is SO much easier. When I promise myself something, I intend to keep my promise to everyone. I can't know me without being honest to myself.

As I plan my walk into the future, I'm basing it on reality, not a dreamworld. I want to be able to trust the information I have. So, unfortunately, I have to decide who I believe. They can't all be telling the truth. I hear one thing from this person and another from that person. I don't know if I can believe any of it. This is something that I have only recently became aware of. I always trusted people. Now, the veil has been lifted and the "truth" about lies is showing it's ugly face. A lie can cause someone to lie to you, and then you to them, and the circle becomes vicious.

Neverneverland... I hear you calling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

We almost got whacked by some goofy virus -- the Malware thing sounds familiar -- a few days back. Thankfully my wife noticed that the computer was "acting odd."

"It vants me to push dis button," she said. "Und de button von't go away. It says ve have a virus. Shall I push the button?"

"NO!"

I occasionally tell a white lie. I never know I'm going to until I feel it go past my lips... There's never any reason for fibbing, and I always feel miserable when I do. Most often if I catch myself in a fib I'll simply stop the conversation, say, "hey, I don't know why I just said that -- it's not true," and continue on. People seem okay with that for some reason.

Or maybe they think I'm kooky and simply don't tell me.

Thu Feb 21, 05:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home