Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hello. I'm back out on the street selling. It's a web-based product this time. I haven't done the door-to-door thing in several years. It's interesting and frustrating at the same time. I do enjoy meeting people and it's the best way I know of to find out what's happening in the big town. It's refreshing in a weird way. It's like rattling the brain cells. "Does the old dog still have it?" There's two aspects to this type of selling. Walking in off the street and gaining someones trust, then convince them to spend money on something they didn't know they needed. It's a strange twist of mental gymnastics.

Many people slam salespeople... hell, I slam salespeople. I like to think that I'm not your typical sales guy. I don't have the thin lip moustache and slicked back hair. I don't wear a suit and tie. I have to believe in the product or service I'm selling. Over the years, I've generally created the thing that I sell. I sell a concept, or an image if you will. When I put it that way, it sounds crazy! Who the hell will buy a puff of smoke? Hey, my puff of smoke will leave a lasting impression.

It's part of my plan to step into the future. It's all I know. I've created a job for myself since 1983. I want to take a couple more good swings at this, before I move on to plan "B". I am limiting myself this time. I can't keep chasing these ideas without some results. I'm running out of time. Hopefully one of these swings will be the one. The Homer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home