Monday, March 24, 2008

Life goes on. It just keeps drifting by. I feel like I'm trying to tie off to the dock, but I'm never quick enough. I want to make it stop. Stop long enough, so that nothing happens... nothing. Then I could choose to jump back in or not. Like the TV commercial where everything freezes in time and one guy keeps on living, or at least going through the motions. Remember when we were kids and played freeze tag? That's what I wish I could do to everything and everyone around me. Maybe then I could think things through and come up with a good life plan. When everything keeps spinning, I can't jump on. I never was very good at jumping on the moving merry-go-round without falling down.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to watch your life like a TV series? You know, sit in a nice comfy recliner and see your life from an objective point of view. It might scare the hell out of you. It might make you very sad. I'd like the chance to see my life for myself. I've had my life thrown in my face quite a bit lately and it's not how I remember it. Too bad I'm not just an actor who can cancel a series, and recreate himself in the next big hit show. It probably wouldn't work anyway. You know, I mean, Bruce Dern has always been a bad guy since his days on Gunsmoke. Hell, maybe life is just a TV series, like the movie "The Truman Show" with Jim Carey.

If it is, I want a re-write for my character before the finale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Awesome said...

If that's the case, then I'd like to see the novel of my life that the movie was based on. They say the books are ALWAYS so much better.

Tue Mar 25, 03:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

If my life were a book, it would have lots of pictures and very short words that are easy to sound out in your head... Not a lot of thinking or intellect happening here.

Thu Mar 27, 08:44:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home