Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm back. It's strange that time is flying by, yet things seem to be standing still. We somehow keep on keeping on. It's amazing that we are able to continue to keep moving forward. I don't think that I appreciate this fact enough. What we are accomplishing under the circumstances is nothing short of a miracle when you step back and think about it. It's easy to get caught up in the trials and tribulations and lose sight of what is really going on. As you may be able to tell, I'm having trouble getting my head around my life lately. I feel like I'm floating between a dream and a nightmare. In a weird way things are serene.

To make things even more surreal, my son's fiance gave birth to a baby Monday morning. She is a beautiful little girl. This is definitely the dream part of my life. So many things race through my head as I sit in the hospital room watching my wife holding this innocent little human. What's going to become of her? Is Jordan going to treat with brotherly love or resent her? What are these children going to look like when they're 18? Will I be able to help them through life? I guess all any of us can do is continue to live in the "now", and the rest will take care of itself. As I talked about in earlier blogs, we can't do much about it anyway.

My family and friends are anchors in my life that I need to hitch to so that I don't float too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home