Monday, July 17, 2006

Life is tough. We are tested almost everyday to see how much we can stand. A minister friend of mine once told me that there would never be more put upon us than we could handle. I like to believe that to be true. That thought gets me through the really tough days.

Talk about tough, my son found out today that he didn't get the job he has been applying for. I hoped with all of my heart that he would get it, he deserves it. He's more than qualified for the position. I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I read his blog. I think I felt as sick as I have when I've missed out on a life changing deal. The cool thing is another big chance always comes along. Knowing that has always helped me move on. I'm confident that he'll get the right job soon.

I had my 30 year class reunion this past weekend. It was cool. Seeing people again that used to be part of your daily life was fun. Of course I don't know these people any more. The best part of the evening began about 3 am in the living room of my house. Five of the guys I spent alot of time with in those early years were sitting in my living room, drinking and smoking, laughing and talking about girls like no time had gone by, I'll remember that night for a long time to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home