Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Well, I've had some tough times in my life and things always seem to work out. I've spent most of my adult life trying to climb out of a hole. The key I have found out is that you can't let the hole get too deep before you start building the ladder. Some holes just fill up quicker than others. Every time I get into another deal, I think to myself..."now don't make the same mistakes you made last time." The common factor in every deal I've been in is the lack of start-up money. It's hard when you start out behind. I also think that my ideas are not suited for a small town in the Midwest.

Digital imaging has been sucessful in metropolitan areas around the world. First rate live music venues do very well in most cities in the country. I'm not the first guy to ever try these business ventures. I'm just the first guy to try them in Sioux Town, Iowa, a city full of trailer-billies content to live boring lives in poverty. The select few who have managed to earn a decent living, are no more interested in expanding their horizons than the lower class. The "money people" will occassionally gather only to be seen by their peers. There appears to be no genuine interest in the entertainment.

The average citizen of the land called Sioux, complain about the lack of a major employer or two, the lack of things to keep their narrow minds busy and the lack of an "Olive Garden" restaurant. Yet whenever anyone steps out and tries to bring new technology, new entertainment or new dining to town they resist. This is certainly true if the cost to enjoy these "new things" is more than the "old things". They obviously don't realize that a city has to offer these new things before outsiders, (people who are used to having these "new things" available), will locate here.

So this small city that Lewis and Clark called paradise, remains a little Midwestern town drowning in their own apathy. We've all heard it said that if "you always do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." This must be OK for most of the citizens in the land of Sioux.

Well, in the vain of Leo Da Vinci, Ben Franklin and many more "nuts", I guess I'll press onward. Maybe if myself and others like me continue to force feed these babies, they will stop whining, pull up their collective pants and enjoy the very cool world that is out there waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home