Thursday, August 31, 2006

I buried the family cat today. I cried like a baby. Amazing how attached you become to an animal. Almost 2 years ago exactly our family dog died. It's like burying a segment of your life. I think of all of the things that happened during the animal's life. I remember my son when he brought the kitty home from his buddy's, he was thrilled. I remember how much simpler our life was then. It makes me wonder why we've made some of the decisions. I know that everything we've done has been an attempt to make our lives better, and yet looking back, things were excellent. Strange how things change. I think we all need to realize how wonderful our lives are today. Sometimes we can't see that because we spend too much time looking around us.

This cat, Speedo, was raised by our big yellow lab. I think she was more like a dog than a cat. She would sit on my lap and I would scratch her neck, just like my lab enjoyed. So today, I held her one last time, scratched her neck, told her I loved her and said goodbye. I know that she's where all good cats go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home