Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I have written posts before about my efforts to understand love. I have learned that love can be beautifully cruel. I have gained a new appreciation for the different types of love. Young, or new, love as opposed to committed love. I think someone should consider creating new words for these different types of love, instead of calling it all "love". It would make life less confusing. Apparently a person can love someone so much, they hate what the other person does. Apparently a person can actually love someone so much that they tell them to walk away. I believe love can change who you are. Love can change your very soul.

I think a person can change so much that you don't even know yourself. What a weird experience to come out of a walking coma and realize you don't know who you are, in reality you've been hiding. Sometimes we just get to know the reflection in the mirror, the voice we hear coming out of our mouth, the person everyone else talks about. Is that really me? It's hard to admit who we really are. But I think it's important. If you don't know who you really are, how can you become the person you want to be?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're surrounded by love my friend! Some love you for who you are, some for what you do, and some love you cuz they want to be you! We, (you and I), have done dastardly deeds, but they love us anyway! Figure that out. The only thing I can comprehend is that we're both just lovable dudes!

Fri Sep 14, 08:30:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home