Thursday, December 27, 2007

Four days off about drove me crazy! I'm not good at sitting around the house. I had every intention of relaxing and letting go of the daily crap. Well I didn't do a very good job of that. I couldn't let go of things and relaxing turned into laying on the recliner like a pile. I did enjoy spending time with my family. I got to see my niece and nephew and their families for the first time in a couple of years, which was cool. And I always love being with my wife and children.

We received the BEST gift possible today! The "little man" is legally our grandson. He's been our grandson for almost 3 years, now it's locked up. My son and his wife officially adopted him this morning at 9:30 am. It's been a long and sometimes scary 3 years. He lit up the court room like he has my life. On our way home, I gently squeezed my wife's leg, looked into her eyes and we shared a tear. Thank God for little miracles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Yeah, I couldn't unwind either. Too much stuff to do. I wish a household in Sioux City could survive on two incomes, but in today's economy that just ain't possible -- you need at least two and a half or three just to get by. I spent the entire holiday staring at the computer doing freelance stuff. My wife was severely peeved at me, but what can I do? The work has to be done if we're going to pay the bills... The credit card people don't care if it's Christmas Eve, they want their money at the end of the month, just like everyone else.

But we got to see the family for a few hours, that was good. The nephew and nieces are growing up fast!

Fri Dec 28, 11:05:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home