Friday, March 28, 2008

Hello...I can see the weekend from here! It's kind of cool. For quite a few years, the weekend meant two more days of working the bar, usually tougher than the week days. In fact, I didn't even really know one day from the next, they were all the same. Now I look forward to the weekend. I do really miss the bar though. Some day...soon I hope, I'll be running a live music club again. I have no desire to run a common bar, but a cool, original live music club...YEAH!

Lately, I look forward to any time that I'm at home. I try to hang everything on the door post when I'm at home. It's our little world. I guess that's the way home should be. I just don't have a home in the night scene right now. There isn't a bar that feels like I belong. I belonged at the Attic until it blew up in my face. The Chesterfield became a job, not a labor of love. I loved the music, but it never felt right. Everyone had their own agenda. It didn't feel like "all for one". I do still enjoy partying with some of the people there.

I was talking to some blues musicians from Sioux Falls last week. They were asking about playing Sioux Town. I told them the Chesterfield was going with heavy metal and cover bands, so I didn't know if there were many opportunities for them. They both shook their heads and said, "...well, if it pays the bills." It makes me sad. I know there are some true music junkys out there. The right home for us just hasn't come along yet. Someday...maybe, someday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

I like the Chesterfield. I just can't afford to go out like I used to...

There was a time I'd be out five weekends out of six hunting down live music in the area. A typical Saturday night would see me hitting four or five bars and clubs in Sioux City and Le Mars, but now I'm lucky if I get out one night a month for just a few hours. Times are tough! I truly wish I could support the C-field more, but I just can't... If I have the time, I don't have the money. If I have the money, I don't have the time.

Sat Mar 29, 10:44:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Aug 17, 05:49:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home