Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hello, and welcome to a cloudy mind. Between health-related events, drinking events and more health-related events, I've basically missed the last ten days or so. Mix a few days off from work, one of our notorious road trips and drug-induced naps from the doc, and I feel out of whack. I'm just trying to focus on one thing at a time today. Trying to re-align my thoughts.

Versed is a strange drug. They tell me you are not completely under, but I lost half of the day yesterday. One minute I hear a nurse say, "you're going to feel a little stick...". The next thing I know, I'm waking up to a whirlwind of voices in a different room. I had a really nice nap once I crashed in my sleeping chair at home. Thank God, the test went as expected and the results were good.

I had a discussion with a friend the other night. It was based on this question. Is life a journey, or a destination? He thinks that if you believe in God, life must be a destination since heaven is the ultimate destination. Now, I must tell you, he considers himself an atheist. I have certainly lived my life with the emphasis being on the journey. I have not lived my life worrying about the end. I never planned for tomorrow or the distant future very well, let alone the after life. That being said, I do consider myself a man of faith. Faith in something. Faith is a way for me to live with my weaknesses.

"We all need something to lean on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home