Friday, September 21, 2007

It's interesting how people interpret things. I wrote in my blog yesterday about a business trip I took to Rochester, Minnesota. Today there were 2 comments, which is more than I normally receive to a blog. Somehow, the people responding to my blog thought I was talking about moving to Rochester, or away from Sioux Town. They suggest that I'm looking for "greener grass". Now, anyone who has read my blog knows that I'm disappointed with the attitudes of my fellow Siouxcitians in relationship to my business/cultural promotion efforts. That being said, I still can't see how someone read into yesterday's blog that I'm ready to leave everything behind and move to the north country.

I think it's possible that the "grass is greener on the other side of the fence", but I don't believe it's a given. I believe you can make the "grass" what you want. Our son says the "grass is greener where you water it". Wow, is that a great saying or what? So, it comes down to which side of the fence you water?? I think it is human nature to peek over the fence and see what the "grass" is like. At times we put the wrong treatment on our "grass" and burn the lawn. But as we all know, with enough T.L.C., even the worst lawn can become YARD OF THE MONTH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home