Monday, October 01, 2007

My passenger status has begun. I'm only about 7 hours into this 30-day ordeal and I'm already feeling edgy. This whole thing made me think about driving as opposed to riding. It is a great comparison to life. Some people are good drivers, some are bad drivers, others are passengers. Most passengers don't want to step up and drive. I am definitely not a good passenger. I'm a "driver"...a good driver for the most part. I like to be the one making the decisions. I try to keep the "passengers" in mind when I make those decisions. I'm sure that I have taken a selfish position and just "driven" where I wanted. Lately, I have become more aware of the importance of "driving" in life.

This is a very cool way to think of our lives. I guess in some terms we are all passengers. After all, there is a stronger force than any of us who has the wheel. But, we end up steering our lives, when the supreme being says, "you drive, I'll sit back and watch." It's these times that the wheel has been passed to us that are so important. You know, like the first time you're cruising down the highway about 75 mph and your buddy says, "grab the wheel, I gotta open another beer." It's important to think about everyone affected by your "driving". I know there have been times in my life when I have "driven" down the selfish highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home