Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hello, I'm back amongst the living. My body was invaded by aliens. They crawled into my nose, hung out in my sinus and slimed my throat and chest. After 2 days of drugs, sleep and more drugs, I think they have started to run off. I've been spitting them into the sink all morning. Nasty little buggers they are.

Thankfully I feel better today. I was weak. It's strange how you go from feeling great to awful in a matter of hours. The good thing about getting sick is that it makes you appreciate feeling good. If we never got sick, we'd start to take our health for granted. We should say thanks, every morning for good health. Some people deal with health problems every day, my heart goes out to them.

Speaking about feeling great to awful in a matter of hours, I want to clear up some confusion about my involvement with the Chesterfield. I no longer have ownership in the Chesterfield. I released my shares, about 9 months ago. Because I still want the bar to be successful, I continued to help with the radio, print and internet marketing. I also booked a few bands in the Chesterfield during that time. Unfortunately, my pay for this has been false accusations and public ridicule. So, with a mix of regret and pleasure, I have decided to stop donating my time.

Alas, all good things must come to an end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Well, nothing lasts forever, I guess. Life sucks that way.

Things like the Chesterfield are true labors of love, and are hard to leave no matter what impetus there is to walk out the door.

I've been in five or six bands throughout my career, and I look back on each one of them with a combination of pride, regret, fondness and bitterness. I imagine it's similar with the Chesterfield.

Thu Apr 10, 01:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Bluzlover said...

You're right on, Chris. I guess all we can do is revel in the pride and fondness and push the bad stuff to the back of the shelf.

Mon Apr 14, 10:54:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home